My main goal in this season of life lately has been to be intentional. It’s something that sounds so simple but it’s something that I struggle with sometimes. Ok…. a lot. I get overwhelmed kind of easily and I often catch myself going through the motions just to get to the end of the day, week, month, whatever. But what then? Congrats, me! I made it to the end of the week! And I have hardly anything meaningful backed up in my memory hard drive to show for it. I want to live less out of habit, and more out of intent.
I mean, these are some of the most beautiful, wonderful days of my life. My whole life. Right now.
Some things that help me to be more intentional:
- Take photos. Taking lots of pictures helps solidify an event in my memory.
- Conversely, put down my phone. An obvious, but often difficult one to master.
- Keep little notebooks around so I can jot down things that are meaningful to me in the moment. And pens. I can’t ever find pens when I need them.
- Utilize this very blog for cementing those moments every once in awhile.
- Be more organized in all areas.
- Plan my free time. When Josie takes an unexpectedly long nap, I usually end up wasting the time on my computer or watching Hulu, because I can’t think of anything else in that moment I’d rather be doing. But I know if I had thought about it beforehand I could be productive in a way that still is restful and rejuvenating to me.
- Throw myself 100% into the commitments I make without spreading myself too thin.
- Pray often and hard. I have been looking for a daily devotional to start in the new year. Any suggestions? I would really love one that was geared towards women, even better if it is geared towards mothering.
What are some things you do to be intentional in your day-to-day life?
Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18